Vacancies in the Diocese of Ely
Ely Diocesan Board of Finance and Ely Diocesan Board of Education
The above Boards are inviting applications for two part-time posts, which may be combined. Both posts are based in Ely at the Diocesan Offices in Barton Road.
1. FINANCE ASSISTANT – TRUSTS - two days a week
- processing all accounting transactions for 250+ trusts
- preparing requests for the withdrawal or deposit of funds and the purchase or sale of investments
- liaising with external treasurers and seeking advice from internal colleagues
- providing additional accounting support within the department.
2. FINANCE ASSISTANT – EDUCATION – two days a week, term-time only
- providing financial and administrative support for the education department
- inputting information to the finance system in accordance with procedures
- processing all accounting transactions, producing invoices and preparing payments
- assisting with the management of the schools’ fund in the funding of school building projects and running expenses
- assisting with financial matters relating to the operation of the Diocese’s multi-academy trusts
The successful candidate/s will have good numeracy and literacy skills with a working knowledge of computerised accounts systems. Experience using excel, word and outlook is essential. Both roles require a high level of confidentiality and the ability to work within a small team.
Closing date: Monday 3rd June 2013
Interviews: Tuesday 11th June 2013
- Download Job Description for Finance Assistant – Trusts post
- Download Application Form for Finance Assistant – Trusts post
- Download Job Description for Finance Assistant – Education post
- Download Application Form for Finance Assistant – Education post
SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT ADVISERS (PRIMARY)
There are 82 Church primary schools in the Diocese of Ely, which stretches throughout Cambridgeshire, part of Peterborough and West Norfolk.
Following the publication of the ‘Church School of the Future Review,’ the Diocese seeks to expand its capacity to support school improvement and is inviting applications for two part-time school development adviser posts. One of the postholders will be linked primarily to a group of schools in Cambridge.
As a school development adviser, you will be responsible for:
- supporting the development of church schools as providers of high quality education and spiritual standards
- contributing to the effectiveness of the Diocesan Education Services and the work of the schools’ team
- participating in the formulation of Diocesan education policy.
This is an exciting opportunity to help the Diocese to shape the future of its school support provision within a constantly changing educational environment and to assist schools to meet the challenges and reap the rewards that change can bring. The Diocese of Ely is a DfE approved academy sponsor.
For an informal conversation, please contact: Tricia Pritchard on 01353 652711, email@example.com
Closing date: Mon 3rd June 2013
Interviews: Thurs 20th June 2013
MINISTRY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Diocese of Ely wishes to appoint a Ministry Development Officer for the development of a deanery/area based, flexible and locally authorised lay ministry scheme, providing an appropriate and creative future for the training and ongoing training of LLM's and to work with the Director of Ministry providing ministerial development and leadership training opportunities for both lay and ordained ministers. The Ministry Development Officer will also have responsibility for the implementation of a variety of discipleship opportunities.
The successful candidate will be
- a creative thinker, willing to re-imagine ministry in the twenty-first century
- be an experienced, entrepreneurial priest who is able to see opportunities and develop them for the Kingdom of God
- be passionate about the development and growth of healthy Christian communities, especially in the areas of empowering leadership and gift-oriented ministry
- have been an agent of development/change
- have excellent communication skills
- be an experienced team leader
- have shown themselves competent and inspiring as a trainer/ educator in a diocesan or similar context
- have good IT and Web skills
- hold a current driving licence and have use of a vehicle
To apply for a candidate pack please contact: Mrs Jane Baker
PA to the Bishop of Huntingdon
For an informal discussion please contact:
The Revd Canon Alyson Buxton, Diocesan Office
Barton Road, Ely CB7 4DX
Direct line 01353 652713
The successful candidate: Will be based at and expected, when not travelling for work purposes, to work from the Diocesan Office at Bishop Woodford House. Will be provided with a diocesan house within half an hour's drive from Ely.
Closing date: 24th May 2013
Interviews: 12th June 2013
The post will require an enhanced DBS check
SECRETARY (PART-TIME) TO THE DIOCESAN DIRECTOR OF ORDINANDS (DDO)
Revd Anna Matthews seeks a part-time Secretary based at The Diocesan Office, Ely.
The successful candidate will:
- have strong organisational and general secretarial skills
- be able to work independently and use their initiative
- be computer literate across a range of applications
- have confidence in dealing with people on the phone and in person
- be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- have a positive “can do” attitude
The salary for a 20 hour week is within the range £15,500-£17,500 (pro rata).
Further details of the job description and the application form can be found on the Ely diocesan website www.ely.anglican.org/news_events/vacancies.html or can be requested from the Office Manager, Marie Bull on firstname.lastname@example.org 01353 652703
Closing date: 24th May 2013
Interviews at Ely on: 7th June 2013
ELY CATHEDRAL YOUTH WORKER
20 hours per week; Salary £18-20,000 FTE
- A creative pioneer, passionate about growing young disciples
- Someone with a mature Christian faith, sympathetic to the spirituality of Ely Cathedral
- Experienced in working with young people – preferably with a youth work qualification
- A team player, an effective communicator, organised, self-motivated, energetic, able to work flexibly and take initiative?
Closing date: 19th May 2013
ST. PETER’S, ELY
An opportunity to minister part time in the historic Cathedral City of Ely, twelve miles north of Cambridge, England.
We are looking for a priest who loves the liturgy and scriptures to minister at St Peter’s, an independent Anglican Church. St Peter’s is a small congregation (typical Sunday 25-30) within the High Anglican tradition.
One Sunday service (3 times per month), major festivals plus one day per week of pastoral leadership is the expected minimum workload. The post holder will relate to the Rector of Ely and other clergy in the Ely Team, of which St Peter’s is an informal member, but have considerable freedom to develop the congregation. This is an ideal situation for a retired but active priest to make a considerable contribution within a unique congregation.
We can offer:
- An honorarium of up to £5,000 p.a., payable monthly, initially on a 3 year contract. Please note that no accommodation is provided with this post.
- A congregation committed to a traditional Anglo-Catholic style of worship.
- A welcoming and friendly congregation that wishes to develop its engagement with the local community in outreach and mission.
- A well-kept church building and adjacent church room / kitchen which are used for church and community events. The flat above St Peter’s room is self-contained and let to provide income.
- Sound finances.
- Support from a number of retired and non-parochial clergy.
For more information or to make an application please contact the Archdeacon of Huntingdon and Wisbech (email@example.com).
Applications should include a CV and covering letter and include the details of two referees. Appointment will be subject to CRB checks and permission from the Bishop of Ely.
SHOP VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
The Cathedral Shop operates solely to raise money which goes directly towards the upkeep of the Cathedral. We rely on our volunteers to help us run the shop efficiently and provide a good experience when visitors come to the Cathedral.
The role of the shop volunteer is to assist the member of staff with the daily running of the shop. Duties will include serving customers, display of stock, dusting, stock checks etc. If you feel you would like to join our team please contact Brenda Covell on 01353 660340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.