Vacancies in the Diocese of Ely
CHILDREN'S ADVISER FOR THE DIOCESE OF ELY
The Diocese of Ely invites applications for the full-time post of Diocesan Children’s Adviser
As Children’s Adviser, your responsibilities will be to:
- Inspire, train & enable those working with children to help grow the Church
- Help parishes discover the best way forward for their situation
- Encourage and develop new worshipping opportunities for children & their families
- Contribute to the Mission Team and the strategic development of Mission in the diocese
The salary for this appointment will be in the range of £25,000 - £26,000.
Normal working hours stand at 35 hours per week. Some flexibility to work evening and weekends will be expected to meet the demands of the role.
Closing date for applications: 3 October 2014
Interviews at Ely Diocesan Offices on: 24 October 2014
For further information, contact: email@example.com or 01353 652736
SECRETARY (PART-TIME) TO THE DIOCESAN DIRECTOR OF ORDINANDS (DDO)
The Reverend Anna Matthews seeks a part-time Secretary based at The Diocesan Office, Ely
The successful candidate will:
- have strong organisational and general secretarial skills
- be able to work independently and use their initiative
- be computer literate across a range of applications
- have confidence in dealing with people on the phone and in person
- be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- have a positive “can do” attitude
The salary for a 16 hour week is within the range £15,500-£17,500 (pro rata)
Further details of the job description and the application form can be downloaded below or can be requested from the Office Manager, Marie Bull on firstname.lastname@example.org 01353 652703
Closing date for applications: 19 September
Interviews at Ely on: 25 September
BUILDINGS AND PROJECT OFFICER (SCHOOLS)
The Diocese of Ely invites applications for the post of Buildings and Project Officer (Schools). The post is full-time. There are 83 Church schools in the Diocese of Ely, which stretches throughout Cambridgeshire, part of Peterborough and West Norfolk.
As Buildings and Project Officer, you will be responsible for:
- the management, development and delivery of the schools’ buildings service
- arranging and monitoring the funding of projects
- providing support to governing bodies in relation to their responsibilities for school premises
- the efficient operation of a wholly owned subsidiary trading company.
This is an exciting opportunity to help the Diocese to shape the future of its educational provision. Through efficient and effective management of school sites and buildings, and imaginative use of resources, you will be contributing to improving the quality of the learning environment for pupils in the 83 Church Schools in the Diocese of Ely.
Closing date: Monday 15th September
Interviews: Monday 22nd September
For an informal conversation, please contact Tricia Pritchard on 01353 652711
HOUSE FOR DUTY PRIEST
Doddington with Benwick and Wimblington
Our Encouraging Team and Supportive Churches are seeking to appoint a House for Duty Priest to live in Doddington in Cambridgeshire in the Diocese of Ely.
You will work on Sundays and two other days and to live in the well-appointed 5 bedroom modern rectory in Doddington. Doddington is a pleasant village within striking distance of Ely, Cambridge and Peterborough.
We would like you to become a member of our Ministry Team working with our Priest in Charge, Retired Priest, Licensed Lay Minister, LLMs and Lay Leaders.
We seek someone with a flexible approach who values scripture and church teaching with a caring nature and good humoured disposition.
For an informal conversation, please contact the Priest in Charge:
The Rev’d Kevin Fitzgibbon
Telephone 01354 680969 Email : email@example.com
Requests for an application pack and parish profiles to:
The Archdeacon of Huntingdon and Wisbech, c/o Mrs Karen Steyn, Diocesan Office, Bishop Woodford House, Barton Road, Ely CB7 4DX,
The post will require an enhanced DBS check.
SHOP VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
The Cathedral Shop operates solely to raise money which goes directly towards the upkeep of the Cathedral. We rely on our volunteers to help us run the shop efficiently and provide a good experience when visitors come to the Cathedral.
The role of the shop volunteer is to assist the member of staff with the daily running of the shop. Duties will include serving customers, display of stock, dusting, stock checks etc. If you feel you would like to join our team please contact Brenda Covell on 01353 660340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.