The Organ
Welcoming Visitors
Agnes Blencowe
Conservation Work
Nave Wall Paintings



At the east end of the north aisle is an effigy of the founder in Purbeck marble, found in a fragmented state in 1847. It is closely paralleled by the monument of Bishop Kilkenny, d. 1257, in Ely Cathedral.


Also in the north aisle is the tomb which commemorates the Repps family whose history can be traced back to the Eleventh Century. The Prior of Lewes leased the major part of the manor buildings to the family in 1533 and they were influential villagers from that date until 1650.

Image of our Lady:

This superb example of contemporary English craftsmanship was carved by Anton Wagner, well known in Norfolk for his wood sculptures.

Flood board:

On the wall of the south aisle is a board erected by John Oxburch in 1677 recording three great floods which overflowed all Marshland in November 1613, March 1614 and September 1671. John Oxburch lies buried in the chancel.


The church contains a Churchwardens Chest made of elm coffin boards, and an 18th century iron carroon chest.

Other notable features:


15th century carved wooden benches in the Chancel.

Font, elevated on three octagonal steps, dating from about 1400.

Hammer-beam nave roof of 15th century origin with outstanding carving. Its ill fit suggests it may have been adapted from another church. Each carved figure bears a shield carrying an emblem. These emblems relate to the Passion, with the exception of two which bear the arms of the Suffolk family of Jermyn.

Millennium display board depicting village scenes. These were made by various village groups. North aisle.

Map of all the men from the village who died in the First World War. North aisle